Upgrading Zotero

I noticed that my favorite resarch assistant is now a version behind. What is the upgrade process? Windows, Zotero Standalone and Chrome Plug-In. Can one simply install the new version on top of the old? What about add-ons, specifically the RTF scanner? Regards, mtcstle
  • Note that Standalone is a couple of sub-releases behind the Firefox add-on, so you should be at 4.0.29.5 with standalone.

Normally you wouldn't need to do anything, as Zotero and its components update automatically. There is a check for update version in Standalone that you can trigger manually (I think in the help menu in Windows). Check if that works. If it doesn't, it's probably worth figuring out why not.

If that doesn't work then yes, updating doesn't do anything that installing the new version. Same for all add-ons.
  • Hmmm, Help about says I'm at 4.0.28.7 but "Check for updates says there are no updates. I'll hold off upgrading by hand. One, because I'm afraid of upgrades to application infrastructures I don't know a lot about, e.g. csl, and two, so I may remain a potential test case. Cheers, John
  • @Dan -- I'm not getting any update from 4.0.28 on linux Standalone either. Any thoughts?
  • Yeah, updates from before 4.0.29.2 (the previous version) aren't working in Standalone 4.0.29.5. Waiting for a new release from Simon.