Zotero on public computers

Some of our students use Zotero Standalone on public computers and Portable Firefox are not a solution for them.
Of course they find references in their Zotero libraries that are not theirs.
I have 2 questions - I hope they are not terribly stupid.
1, If they login in their Zotero at Zotero.org and delete the folders
that are not theirs they do not cause any harm, right?

2. What should we recommend to our users so that they could avoid these problems? Some libraries suggest switching fully between accounts by using the function Restore from Zotero Server. Is that safe enough? Thanks in advance.
  • 1. correct
    2. I would not install Zotero on public computers (without roaming profiles or otherwise individualized accounts) at all, to be honest. At a minimum, public computers should have a wipe script that removes all personal data after use.
    If you just have a "common use" personal computer, it's pretty much unavoidable to end up with data from multiple users intermingled. And if you forget to remove your sync information and the next user deletes items, those are pretty much gone irretrievably.
    What you can do is to just install the Chrome connector and bookmarklets for other browsers and have users work with just the online version of the library. Not ideal -- if you go that way, might be better to use a cloud-only software -- but it'll at least not break things.