Official Zotero certification

Hello

I would like to know if an official "Zotero certification" exists for individuals or societies ?

My question follows this Twitter thread : https://twitter.com/Ludochand/status/727234010242502656

Some companies display a "Zotero certification" on their website. What is it exactly? How does it work? And can an individual be certified too?

David Benoist
  • edited May 6, 2016
    Answers are basically what I told Ludovic on twitter:
    1. Zotero certification means that you've been trained on using and teaching Zotero by an official Zotero trainer. Until recently that's essentially just been me, I think bwiernik might do this too now. The actual certificate comes from Zotero, signed by Sean, Zotero's director, and the trainer.
    2. Yes it's possible for individuals -- everyone who participated in the Zotero workshops for librarians got a certificate, for example: https://www.zotero.org/blog/summer-zotero-workshops/
    3. I'm pretty sure there is only one single company (Newmed) who has ever done gotten certified, so anyone else who claims this we'd want to know -- that's likely not legit then.
    4. The exact training package is customized to what you do and need, where you are, etc. With Newmed I did everything via webinar: two longer sessions with core staff, reviewed their material, did shorter sessions with new people they hired, and did a quick refresher when Zotero 4.0 came out.
  • I secretly hoped that would be you answering - much easier without the 140 Twitter limitation.

Thank you for theses precisions. I had never heard about the certification before. That would be interesting for my fellow colleagues in France, who do many sessions presenting Zotero.

Are there sessions in Europe / France? Can it be done wia webinars for a bunch of librarians? How much will it cost?

Do not hesitate to PM if needed : david.benoist + biusante.parisdescartes.fr
  • I will be in Europe starting in Janurary and would be glad to come to your university for a training. I will contact you with some information.
  • I need to get out more: I had no idea this scheme existed.
  • Looking forward to know more, thank you.