import of an Cochrane/Wiley result

Report-ID: 1713155948

I tried to bring a Cochrane search result into my Zotero (4.0.29.8 with Firefox 46.0 on Kubuntu 14.04.03 LTS).

First I tried to use "Export" on the website. But Zotero is not able to import that file. This is one entry in that file:

Record #1 of 1
ID: NHSEED-22014013562
AU: Deen SA
AU: Wilson JL
AU: Wilshire CL
AU: Vallieres E
AU: Farivar AS
AU: Aye RW
AU: Ely RE
AU: Louie BE
TI: Defining the cost of care for lobectomy and segmentectomy: a comparison of open, video-assisted thoracoscopic, and robotic approaches (Provisional abstract)
SO: Annals of Thoracic Surgery
YR: 2014
VL: 97
NO: 3
PG: 1000-1007
KY: Health Care Costs;Operative Time;Pneumonectomy [economics] [methods];Retrospective Studies;Robotics [economics];Thoracic Surgery, Video-Assisted [economics];Aged[checkword];Female[checkword];Humans[checkword];Male[checkword]
US: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/o/cochrane/cleed/articles/NHSEED-22014013562/frame.html

The Zotero icon offers me "Wiley Online Library". In first step this works. It shows me the correct publications in a own window and I can (de)select them for import into Zotero.
But then I get an Error (german): "Eintrag konnte nicht gespeichert werden. Ein Fehler ist aufgetreten beim Versuch, diesen Artikel zu speichern. Überprüfen Sie Probleme mit dem Übersetzer beheben für weitere Informationen."

It offers me "DOI", too. This doesn't work because it can not identify the publication in the result list because of no DOI shown.
  • I did all this through my own private internet connection. I wasn't logged in over the VPN of my institution.

When I am online over my institution the import works fine.

The import should work without, too. I can search publications and see results on Cochrane without beeing logged in. So I want to import the results in that mode, too.
  • The export format you mentioned above looks similar to RIS, but it isn't following the standard (no TY tag, no ER tag at the end, : instead of -). However, you can choose one of the other export format for EndNote, Reference Manager, ProCite which look identical and are actually following the RIS standard, which also Zotero understands.

I cannot follow on the other part:
    The Zotero icon offers me "Wiley Online Library". In first step this works. It shows me the correct publications in a own window and I can (de)select them for import into Zotero.
    But then I get an Error...
    Which url did you start with? Did you perform a search (what are the search terms)? What example did you select?
  • I can confirm the problem with the connector on Cochrane library search. I have done these steps:
    1. On the http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/cochranelibrary/search, I found "Farivar" as an author
    2. Clicked on Zotero icon in Google Chrome
    3. I Zotero Item Selector windows selected one (and in the second attempt all) items
    4. Clicked on OK
    The import was started, but in my collections were no items from Farivar imported.
  • There might be (still) a problem with Cochrane in connectors which results from some frame problems. I guess that is what you are seeing, LiborA.

However, the initial report here from cb102 was done with Firefox (on Linux). And in Firefox this should already work...