add a translator

Please add a translator to this site http://id.portalgaruda.org
Thanks
  • edited April 26, 2016
    Although the journal article records on this site have options to download in BibTeX and RIS formats; the metadata is placed within the wrong tags and is systematically incomplete. Their RIS has all authors under a single tag and inconsistent first last name position patterns. Volume, issue, and journal name are collectively under the IS tag. There are similar patterns within their BibTeX output but there are also problems with non-standard punctuation.

edit
    Further, there are character encoding problems throughout each record's text that cause nonsense strings to be displayed even in the raw html source.

In all, a satisfactory translator, in theory, should be trivial to make but in reality next to impossible because there are so many significant flaws in the site's downloadable metadata. These problems are also in the html. Thus, a scraper wouldn't work.

If you have contacts at the database or at any of the journals covered by this index, it might be helpful to write to them. I see no reason to have a system for downloading metadata that is useless. Thethe database leadership made the effort to provide metadata, so they see its value. I have tried several times to contact the right person to explain the problems and suggest how the metadata may be improved. My attempts have failed.