Update references

I accidentally replaced the name of one author with another one. I now have nearly 100 wrong references. Is there a way to revert them back to what they were (other than manually...)?
  • Can you tell us more detail? What you mean "nearly 100 wrong references" exactly?
  • What I meant is that the references are still good but the name of one of teh authors was systematically replaced by another name. What I would like is a feature to "refresh" the ref list so that the original name of that author is put back in.
  • have you tried fixing this in Zotero and then clicking the refresh button in the Word add-on?
  • That is exactly what I'd like to do: fixing it in Zotero (stand alone). I'd like to do this automatically and I wonder whether there is a built in feature or a plug in for it.
  • oh, now I get it. No, nothing easy.
    Batch editing requires some javascript hacking. If you know javascript, https://www.zotero.org/support/dev/client_coding/javascript_api#batch_editing should get you there. Otherwise, this is going to look rather intimidating and you're likely better off doing it by hand.

Generally this is planned as a feature. It's obviously useful.
  • Ok, thanks.