Polish and German diacritic marks

When importing from WorldCat the Polish and German diacritics that appear there do not import properly.

In WorldCat:
Socjotopografia późnośredniowiecznego Wrocławia :
przestrzeń-podatnicy-rzemiosło

After Import:
Socjotopografia późnośredniowiecznego Wrocławia: przestrzeń-podatnicy-rzemiosło

Yet if I cut/paste from Word, it goes in fine (working off a colleague's document and have no idea how to type these marks myself).

Also, please note that the way it looks in my Zotero entry and the way it is printing above is not the same. That is, the errors are present but they look differently, appearing as boxes and other characters in my Zotero fields

Assistance greatly appreciated.
  • Is that open worldcat or through firstsearch?
  • Through FirstSearch
  • German also not coming in properly
  • which browser? Not sure what the status is with Firstsearch through the connectors, there used to be some problems.
  • I'm using Firefox 45.0.1, logging in through my library website
  • Spanish causing trouble today
  • I mean - diacrits are diacrits. If it's broken, it's going to be broken for any language using them.

Maybe use worldcat.org if that's an option?
  • Ah. I see. I could try the open website and see if it is better.
  • Yup. WorldCat.org seems to have done it. FirstSearch was causing the issue. Should I alert my university library? If so, please indicate what I should tell them. Many thanks.
  • Until I've looked more closely, I'd assume this is something we'll need to fix on our end. Otherwise, it's likely broken for all FirstSearch Worldcat instances and I can report it directly to them.
    Thanks!
  • ok, just pushed out a fix for FirstSearch, that will now work correctly again, too. (Updates take ~24hs for translators. Click "Update Now" in the general tab of the Zotero preferences if you want to test immediately).
  • edited April 12, 2016
    Still not working, even after clicking 'update now.' Will try again in another 12-24 hours.
  • Bad news. Diacrits still not coming through in First Search World Cat.
  • I tested this (on a second machine to be sure) and it works fine for me. Could you confirm your version of Zotero please?