2027429035 - error report - unable to sync with server - Existing item 16119 exists in cache in Zote

I was unable to sync with the server, so I cleared my local database hoping
to sync my local from the server. I cannot do that either, as
I get always get this error, which is what I was getting in the first place.

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIPrefBranch.getComplexValue]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://greasemonkey/content/updater.js :: anonymous :: line 138" data: no]" {file: "chrome://greasemonkey/content/updater.js" line: 138}]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "Component is not available" nsresult: "0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)" location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox3/components/nsSessionStore.js :: sss_saveState :: line 1909" data: no]" {file: "file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox3/components/nsSessionStore.js" line: 1909}]

[JavaScript Error: "too much recursion" {file: "file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox3/components/nsSessionStore.js" line: 1909}]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageStatement.execute]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: anonymous :: line 130" data: no] [QUERY: INSERT INTO tags (tagID, name, type, dateAdded, dateModified, key) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)] [ERROR: constraint failed]' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Existing item 16119 exists in cache in Zotero.DataObjects.reload()' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Existing item 16119 exists in cache in Zotero.DataObjects.reload()' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

HELP!
Rick
  • well, I just gave up on repairing this database. I erased my local database,
    and the server database -- they were just trials, and samples anyway.
    I was able to sync when I had emptied out the server database.. the item that was
    referenced in the error messages was the 'first' that had a note -- was that a problem?

I imported a group of references formatted as bibTex from refworks -- I got error messages, and so I tried it twice, and ended up with about 100 duplicate records. I still don't know which record was 'bad'.
    Is there a way to validate or test a bibTex file -- before I actually import it?
    Rick