New Typeface

I hate to be a wet blanket when new things are implemented in Zotero, but here goes: the new typeface with 4.0.29.6 that is used with headers, the keyword panel on the left, and with the panel on the right side of the screen, makes my already out-of-focus eyesight all the more ineffective. Maybe if there was an option to switch these off, choose a different font or at least lose the engraved look, that would be helpful. Sorry ...
  • I'm pretty sure there haven't been any typeface changes. Zotero looks as always for me (and there's nothing in the changelog, either: https://www.zotero.org/support/4.0_changelog) Take a screenshot, post to a free image hosting site (dropbox, imgur.com, etc.) and link to from here and we can take a look and see what might be going on.
  • Also make sure you are using the default Firefox theme. 3rd party themes are the most usual reason for the problems you're having.

https://www.zotero.org/support/known_issues
  • edited March 29, 2016
    Have you changed your monitor resolution in an attempt to accommodate your eyesight? This can make things seem more fuzzy. If you are using the FF version and you are using the zoom view function, this too can make text fuzzy. Each of these things should affect all text, not just Zotero.

On my Mac using the FF version of Zotero there _was_ a change to the typeface. I think this occurred with a recent FF update -- not with the recent Zotero update. At least, in my case this affects all FF-viewed websites and dialog boxes. The weight and darkness of the sans-serif characters seemed to change to less and lighter (not so much the size). I found it annoying and changed my accessibility settings for contrast among other things. The accessibility changes fixed the problem for me.
  • wacole is just using a non-default theme in Firefox — that's all.
  • Thanks .. bingo it was a theme problem w/Firefox. Turned off the theme and all is well. My apologies for jumping in like that. BTW this really didn't manifest until the 4.0.29.6 update. [I'm not seeing this on the standalone version which is 4.9.29.5.]
  • Themes have always affected Zotero in Firefox, but it depends on the specific theme (including, potentially, updates to it).

Themes don't affect Zotero Standalone, since it's a totally separate program from Firefox.