Format collapsed cites?

I'm not entirely sure how to approach this problem myself, so I'll ask about the methods that have occurred to me as possible solutions, then indicate what specifically I want to do. Forgive my shallow understanding of some of this.

I'm using the excellent Juris-M. I'm not sure if that gives me additional/different capabilities in this regard.

Could a style conditionally format collapsed cites? Obviously the engine can recognize relationships of items grouped in a single cite, i.e. that "author" is identical. Could the same mechanism be used not just to collapse those items in pre-formatted ways (Doe 1999, Doe 2003 --> Doe 1999, 2003), but also in other ways? Can this action be invoked based on other conditions (e.g., only if they share the same item type?)

I've been working on developing a personal CSL style better suited to my use of ancient texts and editions. Juris-M (and perhaps vanilla Zotero now?) make this much easier with the "classic" type, but I'm greedy. I've created a sort of hack using the old "field" code {:type: classic} by which I can the fields allowed by other item types (book section) to cite a classic text along with its modern edition. So, in "first" position, I give bibliographic info for the source, but use the abbreviations filter to treat it also as a classic source. Subsequent cites abbreviate both classic work (the "title") and modern edition (the "collection").

E.g., for Plato's Republic, maybe:
1) Pl. Resp. 453c (The Works of Plato, Modern Editor [ed.], Loeb Classical Library 23 [Cambridge: Harvard UP], 2002: pp. 42-4.)
2) Pl. Resp. 457a (LCL 23:52).

I think I can figure out how to make the style do that.

Often, though, I might want to cite multiple modern editions in this way in the same cite:
3) Pl. Resp. 467a (LCL 23:52; Burnet 1:431).

Is it possible to automate this if the items cited together contained the same "title" and "author" (or other field)?