How to install an old version of Zotero Firefox add-on

Hi, my PC at work has Firefox version 31 installed. The system administrator has disabled software updates for Firefox. I was using Firefox add-on until recently when it must have auto updated to the latest version and now it refuses to work. Actually it says the plugin was auto updated on 10/03/2016. I tried looking for the old versions of the add-on and I could not find anywhere. The current Firefox add-on refuses to install on Firefox version 31. I am really stuck here in terms of updating Firefox or installing standalone version due to PC restrictions. I am desperate to be able to install an old version compatible with Firefox 31 and be able to access my reference libraries I use regularly for work. Thanks!
  • edited March 13, 2016
    Ok I manually typed in a version for an old extension by looking at the version history like https://download.zotero.org/extension/zotero-4.0.28.10.xpi and I was able to install an old version of the extension. Glad you guys kept old versions. Now it is working again on Firefox version 31. It seems the updates this year (ver 4.0.29+) breaks the extension with the Firefox version I have. I made sure to disable auto updates to the extension in add-on settings. I can work with this for the time being until I get around to IT for asking to update our Firefox.
  • You should ask, though — Firefox 31 is no longer supported by Mozilla and shouldn't be run by anyone. (It's also now two Extended Support Release (ESR) versions behind, since Firefox 45 ESR just came out last week.)
  • Yes, I spoke to IT and updated to version 41. Also updated the Zotero extension. Everything works fine now.