compatibility between citations and bibliography

Hi,

Could use your help on this.
When I make a change in the citation (i.e., delete DOI or add publisher location) and then refresh and update, then it reverts to old citation entry info when I refresh bibliography in Word.

One way around it, is I delete ALL the citations in the document for an author, then remove the citation and refresh in the library. Then I reenter the citation information, then go back to Word and reenter each and every citation that I took out - in other words I start from scratch. This takes forever.

Is there a quicker way to change the citation info and make it stick?

Thanks for any tips.
  • You don't need to delete the citation/bibliography. Just fix the item in your Zotero library (not the Word document) and Refresh.
  • I have tried that and it does not change in the Word document. What could be the problem? I refresh in the zotero doc subfolder in the library and it does not change in the Word doc bibliography.
    What can I change in order to made the library citations work and then stick?

Another problem I have is that I have the same citation in the bibliography twice and it does a i.e., (2008a) and a second bibl. citation with (2008b) even though I deleted the extra citation in the library subfolder.

Any tips or solutions? Thanks.
  • Could you first try this in a new document to make sure everything works OK there? I think I know what's going on, but would be good to make sure that the basics are working for you first.