Errors in Syncing

This is in regards to Report ID 777854812.

I have just installed Zotero on a new machine, and have not synced on my old machine in many months. I tried syncing on the old machine, thinking this would allow me to then pull down all of my info by synching on the new machine. However, when I did so, it brought up a dialog box in which I was asked to pick between a Local or Remote version for some 900 files. Fine. I told it to just pick Local for all remaining conflicts. Fine. But, then it brought up a whole series of error messages listing tens upon tens of articles that had been changed. After this, two more error messages the content of which I don't quite remember... And yet, it still hadn't actually properly uploaded that information - when I tried to sync on the new machine, I got no new results.

I tried syncing on the old machine over again, but got exactly the same results - the same lists of the same articles. All those changes it said it was making, it seemingly never did. I restarted the program, I restarted the computer, I synced and re-synced and re-synced, but only with the same results every time. None of the conflicts ever seem to get resolved, and none of the changes actually made.

I also tried manually copying the "storage" folder out of my Zotero appdata directly into the appdata folder for Zotero on my new machine, but that doesn't seem to have transferred the data into the program either. As it stands, I have some 9000+ items saved in Zotero on the old machine, but only 4000+ on the new one, and the remaining 5000 or so just won't seem to port over...
  • See Repeated Conflicts to understand what's happening. You're either getting an error or you're force-quitting the program rather than clicking through the dialog. If you're getting a large dialog that you can't see the bottom of, just press Return.

(Though it seems like you just synced, so perhaps you resolved it.)