It is not installing in Linux Mint

I am using a Dell Latitude with Linux Mint Rafaela.

I had change my Hard Disk because of a problem, and after OS installed and all working, I tryed to install Zotero by the regular way (download the files and user run-zotero.sh), but didn't work regular. It onlt works when I run the starter scritp as superuser.

I have tried #apt-get install zotero-standalone, but happens the same.

I change some permitions in the folder, but nothing worked well.

I have tried it as a Firefox extension, but didnt work as well.

I have no more ideas to solve the problems. It use to works normally before I had changed the HD.
  • Preparing to unpack .../zotero-standalone_4.0.29.2-ubuntu1_all.deb ...
    Unpacking zotero-standalone (4.0.29.2-ubuntu1) ...
    Configurando zotero-standalone (4.0.29.2-ubuntu1) ...
    >>> Downloading Zotero standalone 4.0.29.2 for i686
    >>> URL: http://download.zotero.org/standalone/4.0.29.2/Zotero-4.0.29.2_linux-i686.tar.bz2
    --2016-03-12 00:34:04-- http://download.zotero.org/standalone/4.0.29.2/Zotero-4.0.29.2_linux-i686.tar.bz2
    Resolving download.zotero.org (download.zotero.org)... 52.85.94.97, 52.85.94.89, 52.85.94.119, ...
    Connecting to download.zotero.org (download.zotero.org)|52.85.94.97|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 44049266 (42M) [application/x-bzip2]
    Saving to: ‘/tmp/zotero.tar.bz2’

100%[====================================================================================================================>] 44.049.266 191KB/s in 3m 2s

2016-03-12 00:37:07 (236 KB/s) - ‘/tmp/zotero.tar.bz2’ saved [44049266/44049266]

>>> Extracting Zotero
    >>> Target folder: /opt/zotero
    >>> Creating menu entry
    >>> Creating startup script
    >>> Done!

>>> Don't forget to check out Qnotero, the Zotero sidekick!
    >>> URL: http://www.cogsci.nl/qnotero
  • After that, a dialog box shows when I try to start Zotero, saying a error occured.
  • dahora@dahora-Latitude-E5500 ~ $ whereis zotero
    zotero: /usr/bin/zotero /usr/bin/X11/zotero
    dahora@dahora-Latitude-E5500 ~ $ zotero

(process:5578): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed

(zotero:5578): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::sm-connect after class was initialised

(zotero:5578): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::show-crash-dialog after class was initialised

(zotero:5578): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::display after class was initialised

(zotero:5578): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::default-icon after class was initialised
    [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [nsIFile.remove]" nsresult: "0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/locateManager.js :: Zotero.LocateManager</this.restoreDefaultEngines :: line 132" data: no]
    [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [nsIFile.remove]" nsresult: "0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/locateManager.js :: Zotero.LocateManager</this.restoreDefaultEngines :: line 132" data: no]
    dahora@dahora-Latitude-E5500 ~ $
  • it's a file permission issue -- likely because you're installing into opt/zotero but don't have write permission there.
  • I changed the permission to rwx for all actors.

Still not working

============================================
    (process:3511): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed

(zotero:3511): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::sm-connect after class was initialised

(zotero:3511): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::show-crash-dialog after class was initialised

(zotero:3511): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::display after class was initialised

(zotero:3511): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property GnomeProgram::default-icon after class was initialised
    ==============================
  • ls -la:

drwxrwxrwx 8 501 staff 4096 Mar 9 00:43 zotero/
  • Did you check the permissions of the data directory and everything in it as well as the installation directory and everything in in that? If you've run as a superuser, that could've created files that your regular account can't access. Also note your different posts show different locations.

find /home/ -uid 0

Then also check under both /opt/zotero and /usr/bin/zotero and /usr/bin/X11/zotero for good measure.
  • Dear noksagt,

There were a lot of files in ~/.zotero belonging to root.

sudo chown -R me.me ~/.zotero solved.

Thank you.