Can't log in to sync

Zotero won't log me in for sync, get dialog that says
"Zotero cannot access your login information".

I tried the instructions in that box. I tried resetting
zotero password, which works on this website.

I tried reinstalling zotero and all addons.

Not luck.

Suggestions?
  • The message pretty much means what it says. It can happen if you're using a master password, using some other Firefox extension that affects the Firefox password manager, or have a corrupted password database in Firefox (which should be fixed by the steps in the error message). It's not about your Zotero password (and, in fact, generally when this happens, when you return to the Sync pane in the Zotero preferences there's no password entered anymore, because Zotero can't access it).

But first thing to do would be to provide a Report ID for us to look at.
  • (The only difference in the latest version of Zotero is that it detects additional failures accessing the Firefox logins database that the previous version didn't — but syncing still would've been failing previously.)
  • Okay.

I'm using zotero as the firefox extenson.

I am not using the firefox password manager, and I have not
    set a master password. These are disabled in the firefox
    preferences.

I tried shutting down firefox and removing cert8.db, key3.db and
    logins.json (logins.json did not exist). No effect on the
    problem.

The error repost number is 498474175.

Thanks a lot for your help.
  • [JavaScript Error: "Services.logins is undefined" {file: "resource://gre/modules/LoginManagerParent.jsm" line: 610}]
    Do you have a signons.sqlite file? That's an old file, but it's possible your Firefox login manager has been broken for a while and was never upgraded. If you have that file, delete it.

Beyond that, you'd have to follow up with Mozilla, or try resetting your Firefox profile, since this is a Firefox issue, and those files are the only ones we know to delete.

(You can also try disabling all other extensions to start, though that probably won't help.)
  • Got a similar problem but am not using the Firefox extensions.

I have Zotero Standalone for windows on my MAC at home and have now downloaded Zotero Stadalone for windows on my computer at work (Chrome connector). I would like to sync but get the "Zotero cannot access your login information"-message though I use the same login-information which works on this website.

Any suggestions?
  • Bib265: Follow the same instructions with your Zotero Standalone profile directory, and start a new thread if you're still having trouble.
  • Thank you very much - it fixed my problem.