Not Importing Call Numbers from U of Toronto Catalogue

Zotero is not importing call numbers at all from the University of Toronto Library catalogue. The system I'm using on campus is:

Zotero ver. 4.0.28.10
Firefox 44.0.2
iOS 10.11

It doesn't pull call numbers on my home system either (Win 7 Pro, can't remember the Firefox or Zotero versions but they are up to date).

Looking back in my Zotero library, I reaslise the last time Zotero imported call numbers from the UT catalogue was 2012. I submitted this current info to the library staff and am awaiting a response but can anyone at Zotero or in the Zotero community explain what is causing the glitch and how to fix it? U of T has the largest university research library in Canada. If Zotero isn't importing the call number from a simple book entry in the catalogue, it would be important to solve the problem.

Thanks.
  • They're serving data to Zotero via unAPI, which is great, but they're using RIS, which is very limited and I believe doesn't have a proper field for catalog number (I'd have to check if they put it somewhere). Point them here and we'll be happy to discuss if/how we can make this work better. Since they already have unAPI in place, we just need a better data format (MODS, MarcXML, or even just plain MARC)
  • Hi Adam,

Thanks for the prompt response. I've forwarded a link to this forum page to a librarian who will forward it to someone in cataloguing.
    I'm crossing my fingers. I would love this to be fixed.

It was working in 2012 so I wonder if the library changed something at that time.

-- K.