Zotero does not work on Chrome (Report ID:1615318090)

Hi!

I have been using Zotero with firefox, Standalone and Word with no problems so far, but now that I have moved to Chrome, I cannot make the zotero extension work. I reported the error. Any help¿?

Elisa
  • what exactly isn't working? Are you getting a specific error message or just no URL bar icon? In the latter case, do you get one here?
    http://www.worldcat.org/title/wealth-of-nations-books-i-iii/oclc/8424650&referer=brief_results
  • Sorry I didn´t explain myself correctly. No URL bar icon and the following error message:

[JavaScript Error: "Attempting to use a disconnected port object" {file: "extensions::messaging" line: 65}]

I do get the icon for the link you sent! O_o!
  • you only see the icon on supported pages. Elsewhere, you can get basic data using right-click --> Save as Zotero Snapshot in Chrome.
    If you don't get the URL bar icon on the page where you think you really should, post a specific URL, exactly as you see it, here and we'll take a look.
  • Thanks Adam! I was having this issue as well with webpages. I'm a grad student in Library Science, the ALA webpages would be great for Zotero to support. Hint, hint. ;)
  • ALA of all organizations should have a website with proper metadata, then Zotero wouldn't need a translator (I rarely write those for regular websites; it's not worth it).
  • Thanks, you are right, it depends on the website. Many thanks for your help!