Zotero Standalone consumes 100% of CPU even though there's no obvious syncing/activity going on

I'm using zotero standalone version 4.0.28.8 on Mac (OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5). I find that it sometimes keeps consuming CPU at 100% without stop, although there does not seem to be necessary syncing/activity going on. I'm wondering if there's any way I can fix the problem. Thanks a lot!
  • If you can generate a Debug ID for 30 seconds or so of high CPU activity, we may be able to tell you what's going on.
  • Hi,
    This is the debug ID: D766992221.
    The problem is that, I saw zotero using 100% CPU, but when I enabled debug output logging, no line was logged. So I performed some action in zotero: syncing, and renaming of a file. These should show up in the debug logging.
    Let me know if this helps or not.
    Yajie
  • Yeah, that wouldn't be relevant — what matters is whether there's output when it's at 100% without your doing anything. Are you sure Zotero was still at 100%, though? Note that Zotero performs some full-text indexing while your computer is idle — until it finishes — and that would stop if you started using your computer again, unless you left it for a short while.
  • Here this happens again when I tried to attach a file. The debug ID is: D2081477220. I thought it was because of the zotfile extension, but it also seems to happen when I removed the extension.