report ID: 612341814, sync doesn't work

Hi,

since a long time i have a problem synchronising my zotero via webdav. (dropdav) I asked the dropdav support, but everything is alright there, also my sync settings are fine. now i have a new mac and i thought maybe everything is fine now, after installing everything brandnew - but, it's not. Would be great if you could help we. I really would like to sync my library. I work with standalone and firefox, untill now I only installed firefox, zotero standalone, dropbox and the word add-on.
Thank you!!
Mary
  • Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync attempt that fails?
  • O sure Dan! Thanks for helping! unfortunately all the buttons are not activated so that I can't press the send-report-button...
  • Got it! D2085017198
  • Yeah, there seems to be some weirdness with either your connection or the WebDAV server, and your uploads are being interrupted. Are you connecting through a proxy server? If you're running any security software, you can try temporarily disabling it, though that's less likely on OS X.

Note, too, that you might get intermittent errors but still be able to sync eventually: https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/file_sync_errors
  • Hi Dan, thank you!
    just... i really would like to solve the problem, cause the stuff is not syncing. My dropbox/dropdav folder has just the size of 500 MB, my library in firefox is 10 GB. So how do I get the 10 GB synchronized my dropdav :/ I didnt installed my only security software little snitch yet, and I give all this a try in my own home network, so both circumstances can't be the problem. Its not possible to read in the code why it interrupes right?
    Sorry to bother you... i just dont want to give up.
    All the best
  • I'm afraid we can't provide support for WebDAV syncing — Zotero works with properly functioning WebDAV servers.

Note that you're uploading at least two very large files — one 292 MB file and one 527 MB file (7THUMK6A and 55KZQKFD, respectively — you can paste that into the Zotero search bar in All Fields & Tags mode to see the files in question). So that might be contributing to the connection problems. But no, when a request is just interrupted, Zotero doesn't receive any more information on it than that. If you have mostly smaller files, you might try deleting those two attachments (remember to empty your trash) and syncing without those.
  • Hi Dan, Thank you so much! I will work on it, yes i have a lot of even larger files... I will change them to just connected files, maybe thats better. Thank you for your fast answers!
    Mary