Zotero database on Dropbox, Box, etc a very bad thing

Within another thread

(https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/56294/useful-features/#Item_8)

I posted that Dropbox itself recommends not using the service for active database file storage. I have as yet been unable to find that caution on the Dropbox website. I'll keep looking and try the WayBack Machine.

In the meantime, the Dropbox user forum currently contains postings that caution against using DropBox to store or sync an open active database.

However, that is not what I'm remembering.

Dropbox stated that it was excellent for off site storage of sql.bak files and at the same time cautioned against using the service for hosting an active database and went into some technical detail about why that practice is discouraged.

A couple of years ago the Dropbox site had a section with technical information that contained much useful and interesting information. I could only find what amounts to ads for the service on the current site.

edit:
Note: This is not a problem limited to Zotero. It applies to any active SQL database file for any (all) database software. This is not an issue limited to Dropbox. Keeping an active database file on most any cloud storage host can, and sooner or later will, irretrievably corrupt the data. Further, restoring from a backup that is stored on your cloud drive to a replacement of your original lost file on the cloud drive can in itself lead to the corruption of your restored file. With few exceptions, Zotero and its data files should be on the same drive as where your operating system resides.