Journal of Anthropological Archaeology style does not alphabetically sort in-text citations

Hi,

The Journal of Anthropological Archaeology style should alphabetically sort in-text citations, but the zotero style does not (nor does it sort same author by date (i.e. Haury, 1927, 1919 should be Haury, 1919, 1927). There is a similar issue with the Society for American Archaeology zotero style. I think this used to work, but I've switched to the stand alone program. Would that effect it, or does the style need to be edited? If so, I could someone direct me to how to do that?

Many thanks.
  • the style should sort alphabetical. It is then set to sort by date in _descending_ order, so 1927, 1919. Are you positive that's incorrect?

As for alphabetical sorting. Is that not working in a new document either?
  • The online author style guide doesn't specify, but published articles show it as ascending order: e.g. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0278416514000877

I checked in a couple of other articles and they all have ascending dates.

Online Style guide for Journal of Anthropological Archaeology: https://www.elsevier.com/journals/journal-of-anthropological-archaeology/0278-4165/guide-for-authors#68000
  • Quick update: The in-text citations are now sorting alphabetically (and secondarily sorting by descending date). I'm not sure why the sorting started. I had switched between a couple of different styles and maybe that refreshed the JAA style I was using.
  • they're supposed to be the same across a large range of Elsevier journals. Not sure why they can't agree on one direction for sorting...
  • Honestly, I feel like anthropology/archaeology journal editors constantly decide to make things more difficult instead of less. The craziness of the multiple hanging indents with the Society for American Archaeology style is one example.
  • I wonder if SAA will switch, too, now that AAA has given up on their citation style in favor of Chicago author-date
  • It would be wonderful if they did.