Report ID: 2013758756 > Synching does not work anymore

Report ID 2013758756. I have restarted both FF and the Mac, alas, sync won't work anymore. Have been trying for the past few days.
  • I see a successful upload from you from around the time you posted this, and a number of syncs over the last few days. If you're still having trouble, we'd need more info on the problem.
  • Hmm. Still get the same error message here in my browser (white exclamation mark in red circle), which claims, the sync did not work. See Report ID 2042613659 for what I see when I click on it (which I did just now). Not sure, what other information I can provide? Zotero in the browser claims that there is an error (otherwise I wouldn't be able to click on the error thing, right?).

Thanks for verifying that the sync is working nonetheless!
  • See Steps to Reproduce from that page. We need the exact error message you're reporting.
  • edited January 14, 2016
    OK, I think you're referring to a file sync error. (So the relevant error to report here would be the "A file sync error occurred. Please try syncing again…" message that you see when you click the sync error icon.)

I'm seeing some weirdness for you on the servers. Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync attempt that triggers the error, using the latest stable version of Zotero? (You're currently running a 4.0 beta version.)
  • jkr
    edited January 14, 2016
    Report ID: 1316508846

Steps to reproduce:
    (1) I click on the synch button.
    (2) I click on the red circle and get the message "A file sync error occurred. Please try syncing again."
    (3) I click "Report Error..." button
    (4) Then I get the following text

[error report removed — D.S.]

(5) Then I get the dialog box to report Error ID 1316508846
  • (in case you missed it: see Dan's post right above yours. He'll need a debug ID -- not an error report ID-- for a sync attempt. Instructions here: https://www.zotero.org/support/debug_output#debug_output_logging )
  • Thanks for the heads-up.

The Debug ID is D1729375683.
  • That Debug ID was with the beta version. No such error with v. 4.0.28.10. Guess, I'd better stay with the regular version.
  • Should be fixed now in the latest beta. Thanks for reporting. (The next major version will have many more tests in place to catch issues like this.)
    Guess, I'd better stay with the regular version.
    If you don't mind the occasional bug, you can certainly use the beta and provide valuable bug reports like this — just remember to try the stable version if you run into any problems.
  • Just went back to the beta, thanks again for your amazing support and assistance in this matter!
  • Error report ID = 1266195651

My Zotero on Firefox is not syncing and says it has not done so for 32 days. The sync button icon rotates but nothing happens. I have shut down the computer and restarted Firefox many times over the past 32 days.
  • @KaiNLee -- please start a new thread (the issue reported by jkr was resolved) using the "Start a New Discussion" button a the top left.