Problem syncing with server

I haven't had any problems syncing with the server until recently. I tried syncing in the standalone version, but after the sync is completed (the arrow stops spinning), no new references are shown. I checked my library online, and there are at least 75 references that appear that that should be downloading into the standalone version. I'm not getting any type of error message, and I've tried restarting Firefox several times, so I'm not sure what the problem might be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • So when you hover over the Sync icon in Zotero Standalone (round arrow at the top right) it says something like "Last Synce 1min ago" or so?

Try making any random small change on one of those items on the website (say, add something to the extra or rights field) and see if that triggers sync.
  • Yes - when I hover over the Sync icon in the Standalone, it says "Last Sync 1 min ago", and when I click the arrow to sync again, a dialogue box comes up that says:

"processing updated data from the sync server"

But then nothing happens - none of the ~75 new references on the server are appearing in the Standalone. I tried making a few changes to a couple items on the website, but I'm getting the same results (still not downloading)...
  • and you're positive you're syncing with the same account, yes? I.e. your username here is what you also have in the sync tab of the Zotero preferences? Sorry for the question, but we do get people who aren't aware they have two accounts a lot.

If so, I suppose a debug ID covering a manually triggered sync might help:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/debug_output
    together with the URL of a couple of items you have on the server but don't have syncing down (unless your library is public, the URLs won't let other people see the data, but they server as an identifier for items, too).
  • It looks like the sync finally worked (I made a few more changes to some items in the server). However, I'm having different sync issues on a different computer. The green arrow keeps spinning, and when I hover over it, it says "getting updated data from sync server, last sync: 117 days ago". Again, I've restarted Firefox and the green arrow just keeps spinning without any error showing up.
  • how long did you let this run? A large sync (such as one accrued over 100+ days) may take a good while to process.
  • I've let the sync on that computer run for a few days now (I restarted Firefox and Zotero after the first day of letting it run in case that was the problem). There are only ~70 new references that have accumulated on the server since I last synced with this computer, so it seems that it shouldn't take several days to sync.
  • OK, restart Firefox again, and collect debug for the first couple of minutes of the sync, the submit and provide a debug ID (instructions above)
  • Ok, thanks. I restarted Firefox and collected debug info for a few minutes after starting the sync again. The debug ID is D2116314556.
  • Don't restart, actually — you have a very large queued download (and now two). There's a larger sync queue at the moment, but it should finish within a couple hours.
  • (Not sure what the ~70 items is referring to, but this is all data since September, and there's quite a lot of it.)
  • (sorry about that, though_days_ seemed hopeless for a sync to still go through).
  • Okay, so do I need to submit additional debug information (more than a few minutes), or just continue letting it try to sync? I've definitely let it sync more than a few hours before I restarted though, but nothing was downloaded.
  • edited January 11, 2016
    The first download has only been queued for a little over an hour. In the logs I see one completed September download from a few days ago and another from a couple hours ago, and they took 1 and 2 hours, respectively. Possible there was an error on download that sblumpkins didn't notice before triggering a new sync, or the download was large enough that it caused a low-level error that wasn't shown in the UI.
  • Looks like you've now had a number of large syncs go through, and you have nothing queued. Is it OK now?