Is it possible to create citation from selected item?

Sorry if it's been discussed somewhere - couldn't find it.

So, the question is: one can "create bibliography from selected item" and save it or copy to clipboard. can one create citation the same way (or, for that matter, any other simple way?)

The thing is, I could go around the Word plug-in not working for a while, if I could generate a citation info on a spot in zotero and manually paste it into my document (I need the short form of Chicago, the one which assumes bibliography added at the end - author, title, page.) But it only gives me an option to generate a proper bibliography entry, not a short citation version.
  • edited February 7, 2009
    @msvarnyk: chrome://zotero/content/tools/csledit.xul may be what you are looking for.

You can select the citation style to display from a pull-down list in the upper-right part of the browser view area, and the citation to render in Zotero.
  • @msvarnyk: (Sorry about the busted link in the first post, it's been fixed on the forum.)
  • edited February 7, 2009
    one can "create bibliography from selected item" and save it or copy to clipboard. can one create citation the same way (or, for that matter, any other simple way?)
    Make sure you have Chicago Note with Bibliography selected in Preferences > Export > Default Output Format. Then select your item and press Cmd+Shift+A. That will copy the short footnote reference of the item to your clipboard.
  • neat! both things work, thank you!
This discussion has been closed.