Fix to Ent Soc of America citation

Hi Zotero,
Not sure where to post this
I am composing a manuscript for Entomological Society of America and found that the Zotero citation style did not disambiguate citations in the way that the journal requests.
Note-- this is also the style needed for "Environmental Entomology".
Previously the "disambiguate-add-name" argument was "true"
I modified the code for disambiguation like this:
<citation et-al-min="3" et-al-use-first="1" disambiguate-add-year-suffix="true" collapse="year">
  • thanks -- where is that info from? In other words, how do you know those journals don't want names added for disambiguation? Editor, published articles?
  • Wow, the real adamsmith replying to my post!
    I am following instructions on the journal website:
    http://entsoc.org/pubs/publish/style/#In-text_Citation
    "Multiple Publications by Same Author(s)
    (Smith et al. 1995a, 1995b, 1997; Jones 1996)Multiple Publications by Same Author(s)
    (Smith et al. 1995a, 1995b, 1997; Jones 1996)"
    Thanks for your patience!
  • by itself that doesn't tell us much, though, right? If disambiguation kicks in, the publications aren't actually be the same authors but by a (slightly) different group.
  • Thanks, adamsmith.
    That's a good point. My advisor interpreted that as meaning a's and b's rather than disambiguation by adding a second name, so at least in our lab I think we have to go with that:_)
  • it's probably more likely they want a, b, but hard to say (both options exist for styles). If you come across an example in a published article, that'd help.