Does "Recursive Collections" Create Duplicates?

Suppose I have Collection A with Subcollection B and Subcollection C. When recursive collections is set to TRUE does importing item X to Subcollection B and then (separately) importing item X to Subcollection C lead to a duplicate of item X in Collection A? I am not entirely sure based on my own imports. Does it matter if item X is imported to the sub collections or instead I manually create item X in Subcollection B then copy it to Subcollection C?
  • edited January 5, 2016
    Unless you import the same item more than one time there should be no duplication. Items can be added to more than one collection or subcollection.

If you import an item once into one collection and import it again in _any_ collection or subcollection you will have duplicated the item in your library.

Collections are like playlists not like directories on a computer file system. The same item can be placed in more than one collection or it can remain in your library without assignment to a collection.

However, if you are concerned with groups that is a somewhat different issue.