Translator Causing Crashes

Each time I use a translator, it subsequently causes Zotero to Crash. The error report is: 141845766
  • [JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80630003 (NS_ERROR_STORAGE_CONSTRAINT) [mozIStorageStatement.execute]" nsresult: "0x80630003 (NS_ERROR_STORAGE_CONSTRAINT)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: Zotero.DBConnection.prototype.query :: line 145" data: no] [QUERY: INSERT INTO creatorData (creatorDataID, firstName, lastName, shortName, fieldMode, birthYear) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)] [ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: creatorData.creatorDataID]"]
    Check your database integrity from the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences.
  • It says 'no errors were found in the database'
  • I started having this problem last week right after Zotero asked me for a new key for Chrome. I fixed it for a while, but now the problem is back.
  • I also have a couple of group libraries that I deleted online at the same time, but which still appear in my freestanding Zotero.
  • Also from your report:
    Conflicts have suspended automatic syncing.

Click the sync icon to resolve them.
    Have you synced manually since receiving this message, such that you're fully in sync and clicking the sync icon again just spins for a second and stops?
  • (Or is the crash actually happening during the sync, rather than when saving (which kicks off a sync 15 seconds later)? You can temporarily disable auto-sync in the Sync pane of the preferences if you're not sure.)
  • That manual sync seems to have fixed it for the time being. Thanks very much!