SEASR Firefox Add-On "Requires Additional Items"

I have never heard of SEASR before, but was interested in the recent announcment regarding the SEASR Firefox Add-On.

However, after installing the Add-On, it apparently "requires additional items". What might these be and how simple is the process to make this plug-in work?
  • Hi morisimo,
    I just installed the SEASR add-on myself, and didn't have any problems. Hmm. My version of Zotero is the latest 1.0.9; I'm not sure if that makes a difference... perhaps try to reinstall both again?
  • I also have this problem. I am using zotero 1.5, and firefox 3.0.6, and SEASR 0.3.2

I wouldn't expect SEASR to be broken in zotero 1.5? You'd think they would have mentioned that in the Support pages comparing the 2 versions of zotero.

Is it possible to go back to an earlier zotero? Would I lose anything?
  • The Zotero team does not develop SEASR. You'll need to contact the SEASR developers to get the add-on updated for Zotero 1.5.
  • Ok, thanks. Is it possible to revert my zotero back to 1.0 series?
  • You can't downgrade your database back to 1.0.9. If you backed up your database before upgrading you can just remove firefox and switch to the backup database. Otherwise you can try exporting the collection as Zotero RDF from Zotero 1.5 and importing it into Zotero 1.0.9
  • Zotero automatically backs up the database file before every upgrade and saves it as a numbered file in the Zotero data directory—if upgrading from 1.0.9 the file would be zotero.sqlite.36.bak. But the upgrade to 1.5 also renames your attachment directories in the 'storage' directory, so you'd need to have backed up your entire data directory (as the 1.5 Beta page advises) if you didn't want to lose your attachment links. (Zotero actually saves a log of what it renamed in a moved-files file, but renaming them back by hand would be tedious if you have a lot.)