Windows Word plugin, inline citation fonts not updating

When I change the fonts in a Word document (via design>Fonts) all text in the document should update to the new font specification for the document. Though it does for normal text, and for the Zotero inserted bibliography, the individual in-line citations in the document do not update. A newly inserted citation will follow the current font specification, but if I decided to change the document fonts, then it does not update to reflect that. I was running the latest stable Word plugin (3.5.3), and now I've installed the current beta (3.5.2.r10151). The problem persists.
Does anyone else have this problem, and if so were you able to fix it some way? I've tried obvious things under the Zotero plugin dialogues like 'Refresh' and changing the citation style in the 'Document preferences'. Nothing so far works.

System details: Windows 10 (Enterprise 64bit), Office Professional Plus 2013, Zotero standalone 4.0.28.7, Zotero Word plugin 3.5.2.r10151
  • re-install the regular Word plugin. If you look at the version numbering, that's actually ahead (in this case: exactly the same) as the beta.

When you have the cursor in a citation, does Word show you which style (that's Word style, not citation style) that uses? Is that different from other parts of the document? If so, try adjusting the font corresponding to that particular Word style.
  • I reinstalled the regular World plugin. Though this obviously doesn't help given that the problem arose with that in the first place.

When I place the cursor on the citation it has the same style as the surrounding text ('Normal') here. If I select the individual citation and select 'Normal' again the style does update. Though clearly that would be a lengthy process in a document with many citations, doing each individually, and it would have to be repeated whenever the font styles for the document were changed.