Resolving Conflicts when Syncing Doesn't Stick

Hi. I've had some issues syncing changes made on my local Zotero in Firefox (I use MLZ, FYI, but can switch back to regulator zotero to fix this if need be). I have several (now, very many, about 700) conflicts between local and remote entries - mostly changes in terms of document type. I have a large database and the syncing takes time, so I wait - it says its processing updated data from sync server. Then get the dialogue about resolving conflicts and go through them all and choose local/remote/merge. Still, the changes I make locally and then approve of never seem to take in the remote files, however, and I keep getting the same message, about the same files, every time I try to sync. I upped my storage to unlimited and it still does't work. This happened even when there were fewer changes, around 200.

Any ideas? Thank you.
  • The general issue is this: https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/repeated_conflicts
    are you sure you're not getting an actual error at the end of the sync process?

Also, yes, I'd recommend trying the syncing either with regular Zotero or at least with juris-m, since the last MLZ version is quite a bit behind Zotero by now, so your problem could be related to that.
  • edited December 11, 2015
    You're right I did get an error message, although when I tried to submit error it said invalid response from repository.

Error Message:

req.sendAsBinary is not a function

Report cut and paste:

[JavaScript Error: "self.id is not a function" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/bindings/tagsbox.xml" line: 214}]
    [JavaScript Error: "self.id is not a function" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/bindings/tagsbox.xml" line: 214}]
    [JavaScript Error: "Previous creator data not available in expected form" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/data/item.js" line: 5993}]
    [JavaScript Error: "Previous creator data not available in expected form" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/data/item.js" line: 5993}]
    [JavaScript Error: "Item 0/3CJVB5NZ not found setting full-text content" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/fulltext.js" line: 735}]
    [JavaScript Error: "this._dataItems[row] is undefined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/collectionTreeView.js" line: 475}]
    [JavaScript Error: "TypeError: req.sendAsBinary is not a function" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js" line: 1806}]

It also had information about my other non-zotero add ons which I can share if relevant.
  • yes, that's an error because of outdated Zotero. If you want to keep using MLZ features, update to juris-m
    https://juris-m.github.io/
    which is how Frank is continuing his work on MLZ.
    That's actually going to be the easiest solustion here, since it's somewhat complicated to revert to regular Zotero without syncing.