Zotero not responding

Hello
I have a 20.000-reference library on Zotero stand alone. I've had problems with synchs, so I decided to empty My Library. When I ask for the trash to be emptied, Zotero no longer responds. I've gone through the instructions from the Zotero site to solve the problem, to no avail. I'm on Mac OS 10.6, using the latest Zotero. Re-starting the computer doesn't solve the problem, neither does emptying the cache, etc.
Zotero even blocks when I ask for a synch.to rebuild my library.
Any hints to solve the problem ? Thanks in advance.
  • emptying a big trash will lock down Zotero for a while. How long have you let it run? Otherwise, try deleting items in the thread in smaller batches (like 1k at a time).
  • Thanks adamsmith
    I've completely emptied MyLibrary now, and imported all my references from my back-up EndNote library. I did that in batches. As for emptying the trash, well, it still freezes... So I've decided not to empty it — the simplest solution!
    Thanks again.
  • That's probably a bad idea (e.g. all items in the trash sync). See the questions above. The fact that Zotero freezes alone is by itself not necessarily indication of a problem.
  • Thanks adamsmith
    I'll tinker again with this problem soon and come back if it still doesn't work.