"Show File" Not Working

At some point the right-click menu command "show file" stopped working for me (but only for linked PDFs; it works for those stored in the local Zotero database). There are no error messages; all the other menu commands work fine. It's the same with both the Firefox and Standalone versions. I tried disabling all my Zotero add-ons (with restarts) but that didn't help. It seems there's a conflict somewhere, but I've changed a lot of defaults so it's hard to know where to start. I'm using Zotfile, Zutilo and Scholar Citations (on Win7). This isn't a big deal, but I'm hoping someone ran into this and has an easy fix. Thanks!
  • I realized this issue only exists for PDFs that were renamed/moved by Zotfile. Those that were manually linked within Zotero will open just fine. It might be related to the issue discussed in the post below.

https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/50545/zotfile-can-not-move-files-into-subfolders-based-on-collections-in-windows
  • do they still open when you double-click them, though?
  • Interestingly, yes (they still open through double-clicking either the item or the attachment, or by right-clicking and selecting "View PDF" or "Open in External Viewer").
  • Okay, I found my mistake.

I took a closer look at the attachment path (via Zutilo) and noticed an extra backslash that didn't stand out before. It was between the relative file path and the custom storage location specified in Zotfile. I'm using the subfolder option and organizing by collections (defined by %c). The problem was that I had been using "\%c", and apparently this is redundant because "%c" already contains a leading separator (unlike the other wildcards).

The "show file" menu command works as expected now.