Sync Stopping # 2065224568

I've been using 1.5-sync3.6 for a while with no problems - all syncing between several machines with no problem. Yesterday I imported a large number of endnote records using the recommend process, apparently without problems, but now I no longer sync. I'm not clear why the problem is happening or how to diagnose whether it's the total number of records (how do I determine that). The only hint I have is that the zotero.sqlite file is 4.5MB in size and storage is 3.2MB in size.

Are there recommended procedures for diagnosing and addressing this kind of problem? I didn't find any as such.
  • What happens when you try to sync? Did you send in that error report after attempting to sync? (There are no Zotero errors in there.)

You can see the total number of items by selecting all items and looking in the right-hand column.
  • I am having the same problem (and worse). I probably should have checked here first, but I'll add another report with the "and worse" part.

As for Sync Stopping, it's hard to know exactly when it happened. Things were breezing along fine w/ 3.6. Then yesterday, in another office, I noticed that things I had added the day before were not in the database. I had to add them back in yesterday. Today I am back in the office where I had originally added stuff, and even after pressing the Sync button, the new stuff was not there.
  • Sorry to take a while responding - I've been traveling.

The sync starts and then after perhaps a minute it stops with the little 'problem' icon showing.

In the interim I've updated to the latest version (1.5 3.8) with no effect on the syncing.
  • What is in the error log?
    Preferences>>report errors
  • AEngineer: You'll need to send in an error report after the sync attempt fails and before restarting Firefox and then post the Report ID here. As noted above, the one referenced in the title has no Zotero errors.
  • Here's the ID of the latest error report 413566321. And here's what I copied from the dialog box that seems to relate to zotero. I'm going to go look at that tag and try and change or delete it.

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Tag 'Architecture. Architecture Environmental aspects. &' too long' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]
  • I went through and deleted all the long tags (caused by importing an Endnote bibliography) from all the records by right clicking on the tag in tag selector window and then deleting it. No long ones are left if I uncheck "display all tags", but if I check that box the ones I deleted are still visible, but greyed out. In the following message (258937964) the tag referred to has been deleted and is greyed, but it's still causing problems.

Is there a way of cleaning the database of unused tags so this doesn't continue to happen.

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Tag 'Architecture. Architecture Environmental aspects. &' too long' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]
  • Unfortunately it does not work. I opened and closed FF several times, deleted several items, and tried adding and then deleting. Nothing got rid of the problem "greyed" tags that are unused. I'm still getting the same error for a tag that has been deleted:

• Help. Anybody have any other ideas? I'm still stuck not being able to sync.