Does Zotero work well with Microsoft Word in Office 2016?

I teach at Bethlehem College & Seminary in Minneapolis, and the faculty and staff use MacBooks. Our school just informed us that they are ready to install the new Office 2016 on our MacBooks.

Then one of the professors warned, "For those of you who make use of Zotero, you may want to wait to upgrade until Zotero / Microsoft has come up with a reliable solution for the Zotero plug-in. Last time I checked, there were serious (fatal) errors that would make use of Zotero inside Office 2016 very unstable. This week, one of our students lost a day’s worth of work in Word 2016 when working on his footnotes."

For those of us who use Zotero regularly, do you recommend that we wait to install Office 2016?

Thanks,
Andy Naselli
  • My sense has been that Mac Office 2016 is still pretty buggy as such. I don't get the sense that the Zotero integration is any less stable than for other Word versions.

See e.g. http://www.computerworld.com/article/2992488/microsoft-windows/office-2016-for-mac-update-doesnt-include-fix-for-crashes-under-os-x-el-capitan.html