Unable to sync zotero standalone

Hi,

My colleague, Caitlin Viccora, has been unable to sync her Zotero stand-alone app.

Can you look up her account and see why that might be? She also has admin rights. This is for the ARISE library.

Thanks,
Natasha
  • There's an open thread by herself on this here:
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/54846/adding-issue/
    please don't create duplicate ones, that just creates confusion.
  • 15 messages to resolve a question sent on November 19th is not helpful to your customers. Please think about why people would create duplicate threads. It's because their questions are not being answered and teams are unable to proceed.
    Less vitriol and more problem solving, please.
  • Adam, let's focus on resolving this issue. I have used Zotero since 2009 and trained colleagues on this tool and have more sessions scheduled in the next few weeks. If my colleagues have questions/concerns I hope they can approach you for help. My colleague informs me you do this in your spare time. That is appreciated.
  • @nkanagat21, see https://www.zotero.org/support/forum_guidelines#etiquette. Characterizing the people who are actively trying to help your colleague as being vitriolic isn't the most effective diplomatic strategy. And while forums might not always be the fastest way to solve issues, they do have clear benefits (as compared to e.g. phone support): you can search older discussions, you have access to the expertise of multiple people who read these forums and help out (@adamsmith is not even officially affiliated with Zotero, but just a power user like yourself), and it gives the people who provide support flexibility in their schedule (which is especially important since Zotero is used all over the world) while demanding relatively little of their time. Most issues are also solved quickly in much fewer than 15 posts, but sometimes it takes a while to figure things out.

@adamsmith, please use "pretty please" next time, since "please" clearly doesn't cut it.
  • Actually on reflecting on this I may have misinterpreted Adam's comments above. The "don't duplicate, it causes confusion" came off as terse but again I seem to have misinterpreted it. If that was the case, sorry about that Adam. I would like to put this behind us and move forward. Text does not always convey tone the way we want it to.

Again, I have used Zotero since 2009 and have been a strong advocate.

Thanks for your help.
    Natasha
  • edited December 2, 2015
    No problem. There is actually value in being terse, since it makes threads quicker to read through. Most people here also don't use a salutation or complimentary close, and courtesy is (generally) implied.

(also, @adamsmith is probably the most prolific commenter on these forums at 35463 posts, which would drive anybody to be sparing with their words)