citations not saving to my library

I am trying to help one of our library patrons with a problem they are experiencing. They use Zotero within Firefox. Their original storage quota was filled and they purchased 2 GB of storage. They reported to me that since this purchase of storage their citations that they select from searches are not being saved to their "my library". Zotero worked fine for them before their storage quota filled up. I looked at their zotero account and the additional storage appears to be available and shows that only 17% has been used.

Apparently, the only change to their account has been the addition of storage. Can you tell me what things to consider with this issue? Thank you!
  • Is this the same issue as https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/55139/citations-not-going-to-my-library/#Item_2 ?
    Same question -- what exactly is "My Library" referring to here? The local one? The library on zotero.org?

The storage is almost certainly just a coincidence: whether you have storage or not has no impact on syncing item metadata (it only affects attachments) and no impact on what is being saved locally at all.