Will removing standalone program affect the Zotero addon in Firefox?

Hi, I first installed the Standalone version and later installed the firefox Zotero addon because I realized that google scholar addon exists only for firefox. Then each time when I download a pdf from our school library, the saving process opens two windows trying to save the same file. One succeeded and the other continues. I thought that might be a result of having both standalone and addon vrsions installed. I deleted the standalone version along with the settings. Now I cannot download any pdf. For some reason, I am getting "Google Scholar query limit reached." Is is the case that my initial installation of standalone already created "My Library" and "Group Libraries" and after deleting the program, all the links are lost? I check my Zotero in Firefox, the links are gone, though I can see the files (ContentServer.pdf) without any meta data.

What can I do to repair this? Should I delete the entire addon program and resintall?

Appreciate your help on this problem I face.
  • No, none of this is related to two installs or uninstalling one:

The double PDFs are just a current bug.

The query limit reached is a google scholar limitations. It sounds like you may also have the Google Scholar Citations for Zotero add-on installed? Do you actually want the citation counts (because that's all that does)? Either way -- that's maxing out your google scholar lookups and is the cause of you hitting the query limit, at least very likely. You can still download PDFs, you can just not find metadata for them automatically.

(note that retrieve metadata should in most settings not be your default way of getting stuff into Zotero. Ideally you'd be using the Save to Zotero icon for that).
  • Thanks Adam for clarifying the problem. Now I am facing a problem that most of the files in Group Library have no links to the pdf directly (The attached file could not be found). On my desktop version, however, I can open files in external viewer. Will these links be rebuilt gradually on my notebook Zotero?
  • They should be there once sync is complete. If not:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/files_not_syncing