Chicago Full Note - No Period After Middle Name Initial - PLEASE HELP

I've been looking for this answer for several hours. I am new to Zotero. I notice that when I add material to Zotero from WorldCat or other databases, the Middle Initial is without a Period.
e.g., Scott J Hafemann, "Title," etc.

I figured this would resolve in Zotero, but the Middle Initial is still without a period. I've tried "initialize with "." as some have suggested but that only changes the first name to,

S. Hafemann,

I am pulling my hair out. Someone help. I'm sure it's an easy fix!

Kris
  • you want to do
    initialize-with=". " initialize="false"
  • Sorry, but where do i do this?
    I don't see initialize on the CSL form anywhere?! Did I mention I was new? ;)
  • if you mean the visual CSL editor, initialize is right above initialize-with. If you're looking to put this in the code, you add both of these things to the line starting with <style (you can also put it in all lines starting with <name -- same effect.
  • I've searched each line on the Chicago Full Note CSL editor. There is nothing that says "initialize" anywhere.

Does this apply to the Zotero Standalone program? I'm sorry, but I just do not understand where this adjustment is made (where in the script, where in the program, on which line, etc.), and the only thing on the discussion forums suggest is to initialize the first name.
  • edited November 21, 2015
    right, if you use the built-in editor, you're writing straight into the CSL code, so the second thing I wrote applies:
    If you're looking to put this in the code, you add both of these things to the line starting with <style (you can also put it in all lines starting with <name -- same effect.
    in other words, you copy and paste the code I gave you above
    initialize-with=". " initialize="false" into the lines I specify.
    I'm a little confused what is throwing you off here -- you said you added initialize-with=". " in your first post -- adding initialize="false" works exactly the same way, which is why I didn't provide any additional instructions. So if this doesn't clear it up for you, I'd need you to explain a bit more what's unclear.

(there's, btw., a visual editor at http://editor.citationstyles.org/visualEditor/ which lists all options)
  • I didn't know about the visual editor. Awesome. Thanks!