I used to be able to drag and drop entries into different collections, but now I can't.

I used to be able to drag and drop entries into different collections, but now I can't.

Per Persson
  • Strangely enough it turn out to be the same problem in booth my Win xP and my Linux computer. Booth has the 1.09 version of Zotero and the 3.0 of Firefox. I use the same database, it is on a Flash Disk. The database opens as usual.

On a more general level; is there any other way to copy the posts to different collections? I do not like using drag and drop at all and prefer keyboard before mouse.

Per P.
  • Do not anybody have any idea about this?????

I have tried to start a new database, it did not help
    I have re-insalled Zotero in Firefox, it did not help
    I have re-installed Firefox an then Zotero, it did not help

When un-installing Firefox I marked that I wanted to delet all my settings. But I suppose that there are some settings that remains in the computer. Is there some settings from Zotero that remains when I un-install it? Where do I find these settings so that I can delete them.

I have not done any experiment on the Linux computer yet.

I suppose that this error is due to some error in the database, or maybe to some of the frequente up-datings of Firefox that do take place automatic.

Per Persson
  • S O L V E D ?
    Well not actually because Zotero probable will not work i Firefox on this computer until the harddisk is re-formated and Windows re-insallated. There must be a file with some settings that has been corrupted and makes it imposible to install a clean copy of Firefox (or Zotero?).

The solution was simply to install the browser "Flok" instead and then everything worked again.

On my Linux computer it was easier, there it was simply to de-install Zotero and re-install it again. Then it worked in Firefox as usual.

Per Persson
  • Same problem here. It really comes out as a hindrance. Is no other solution available ?
  • Update : I did upgrade from Flock v1x to Flock V1.26 and then to v2.0.3 and now I seem to be able to drag'n drop once again. Other factors which may help to explain such unforeseen result are the fact that I've been using a profile specially created for the sole use of Zotero and that my entire collection is on a USB Flash drive. Hope it helps.