unwanted text

The Background: I don't use MS Word or OpenOffice, so must use the "Create Bibliography From Item" dialog. I use Chicago Style almost exclusively.

The Problem: After not using Zotero (Firefox) for a few weeks, I'm beginning to write only to find that it appends a new line and then the following text to every note (full or not, either way): "2. Ibid."

WTH? I didn't do anything to Zotero or make any changes I'm aware of, and have no idea how to fix this. BTW, my FF is fully up-to-date as I updated it last week.

I have spot-checked five or six of the other citation styles and it's not happening with any of them (although the AMA style does also seem to have something wrong with it: I never use it, but when I experimented with it just now, it produced only the note number and nothing else, not even a period--e.g. "1").

Thx for y'all's help.
  • it's a known current bug, fixed for the next version. You can either wait for the next release or install the current beta version
    https://www.zotero.org/support/dev_builds#zotero_40_beta

(and probably revert back to the regular release when the next version comes out)
  • What's the timeline for the next version?
  • hard to say, probably reasonably soon (like within a month)-- but the beta versions are currently quite stable, so it's not like you're taking a big risk using that.