3.6 Syncing Disabled?

Hello,

Sorry if I missed something about this... but is syncing disabled in 3.6? My stuff doesn't seem to be syncing - at least no the attachments on items... I checked the errors - report ID 51858392 - and it said something about syncing being disabled in this build.

Thanks,

Mike
  • Hello,

I was looking through the source code... line 561 of sync.js starts the block:

var expiry = new Date("January 1, 2009 00:00:00");
    if (new Date() > expiry) {
    Components.utils.reportError("Build has expired -- syncing disabled");
    return false;
    }

I assume this is why things aren't syncing... but can we change this? I just didn't want to mess with it until hearing from the development team.

Mike
  • Hello again,

Sorry for the third post here...

I just noticed that my other computer (which is still syncing) has the expiration date set to February 5th, 2009. In both cases I am being told I'm running 3.6... Was there something that made 3.6 not properly install on XP? Would this mean the solution is to uninstall and reinstall?

Thanks,

Mike
  • OK... last one...

So I did go ahead and re-install 3.6... Now things are working... if it's relevant, I simply allowed firefox to update from 3.5 to 3.6 as an automatically detected update. I'm running XP pro. 32bit. It looks like whatever happened, it didn't update from 3.5 to 3.6 properly. I noticed in an earlier post by Dan that 3.5 was set to expire on the January 1st... so I assume that I somehow still had the zotero.jar file from 3.5 even though firefox thought I was on 3.6.

Mike