But I get:
last_name, first_name, date: locator.

In some post here it's was suggested to include this line:

<option name="disambiguate-add-givenname" value=""/>

But no changes.

What I doing wrong?

Using Zotero 1.0.9 on Firefox/Windows.
Thank
  • no, the line you cite concerns disambiguation if two different authors have the same last name.
    I'd generally recommend that you have a look at a couple of styles that look similar to what you need using the chrome pane:
    chrome://zotero/content/tools/csledit.xul

Also, with problems about citation styles it would help to post your csl code.

Specifically, you seem to want something like this:
    somewhere in the beginning define something along the lines of:

<macro name="author-short">
    <names variable="author">
    <name form="short" and="text" delimiter=", " initialize-with=". "/>
    <substitute>
    <names variable="editor"/>
    <names variable="translator"/>
    <text variable="title"/>
    </substitute>
    </names>
    </macro>

and then in the beginning of the part that's labeled citation,
    change what is probably
    <text macro="author"/>
    to
    <text macro="author-short"/>
  • Thanks adam.smith, but I get the same Last_name, First.
    In facts, some styles with the desired format (like "The journal of neuroscience") not display properly in chrome://zotero/content/tools/csledit.xul Did it in your system?
    The code you give me I tryed too (copy/paste) from others styles.
  • sorry, I don't understand.
    please be more explicit about what exactly you want and what you have tried.
    So first, please give some specific examples of citations and how you want them to look.

Then, please post your csl code or tell us from which code you have been working and what exactly you have tried.

The Journal of Neuroscience looks good to me at first glance. the chrome pane displays in text citation as (McCarthy, 1996) - is that not what you want?
  • Ok. Sorry; it's odd. That is what I want (McCarthy, 1996), but is not I get in my system; I get the full author's name in last, first order.
  • on the chrome pane - is that the case for all author date styles? (check, for example, Harvard Reference Format, Chicago Style (Author Date), APSA and ASA.
    When you cite using the word plugin or drag holding the shift key - same result?
  • Ok. I reinstalled Zotero and now, the styles are correctly displayed in the chrome pane of the "csledit" tool.
  • Thanks for the indications.