Page number not displayed in author-date style (in Word)

Hi,

I converted a document from a footnote style to an author-date style (Cell) but the page numbers are not displayed anymore. I'm using Word 2003.

Can anyone tell me what's going on?
Thanks!
  • The Cell journal style currently doesn't print page number. Does the journal? If so in what format exactly?
  • Really?? I thought every Author-date style displayed the page number. It's very silly not to do so...

Well, my bad then... I'll try another style.

thanks!
  • if the journal doesn't specify a format and page numbers are never included in citations, we wouldn't typically invent one.
  • Hi,

I have the same problem but with three another style: IEEE, Nature and ISO690. None of them display the page number when I export books references from Zotero to Word. I have the page number for articles but not for books. Do you know why?

Thank you by advance for your answer.
  • edited November 19, 2015
    where are you entering page numbers exactly? When entered via the Word add-on, they will show up in IEEE (though not in Nature, not sure about ISO).

edit: sounds like that's solved: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/54835/les-pages-ne-saffichent-pas-pour-les-monographies/#Item_0
  • I am using the drag and put mode between zotero and word: I haven't page numbers neither in IEEE style nor in Nature style or ISO690. But I think maybe you misunderstood me (because of my poor english skill, I guess, I'm sorry): it's not the page number for an article that doesn't appear but the global number of pages of a book. I am told that it's because IEEE or Nature style don't have to present this information. But, still, ISO690 style should present this information.

Thank your for your answer.
  • Feel free to write in French with any future questions. There are several people on the forum who can read French.
  • I don't know the ISO 690 styles very well, but that looks like a mistake in the style to me. Which one are you using (and yes, if you're feeling uncomfortable writing English, do write in French & only post once, though some of us will reply in English).
  • Thank you for your answer.

Du coup, si c'est une erreur du style, comment puis-je intégrer le nombre de pages dans les données à afficer en ISO690 (French)?

Merci pour votre aide.
  • there are multiple of those -- there's a numeric one, there's an author date one -- which would you like to use?
  • Auteur-Date (French). C'est celui-ci que j'ai installé.