One extra point in citation filling out the "contributor" field

Hello,

I'm using the American Psychological Association style and I'm trying to cite a dictionary. If I put the author in the field, it comes out right:

Siefring, J. (2004). The Oxford Dictionary of Idioms. Oxford: Oxford University Press, USA

However, if I put that person as a contributor (as is the case), the citation comes out like this:

The Oxford Dictionary of Idioms. (2004). . Oxford: Oxford University Press, USA.

As you can see, there is an extra point between the date and the place. Is it a bug?

Thanks.
  • Not sure - I'm not sure contributor is what you want to use - "contributors" of an edited volume are rarely cited afaik (isn't Siefring the editor in this case?) - so what Zotero does, I believe, is, lacking an author (or editor), use the title as an author - and then not use it as the title again - so there is no title between the two points (that's why there are two).
    I'm not sure how dictionaries are cited normally in APA - given that this particular one has an editor could it make more sense to simply treat it as an edited volume?

Btw. are you using the "dictionary entry" type? That should be used for a particular entry in the dictionary (with the title of the entry between the two periods), not for the dict. as a whole.