deletion of a collection in My library resulted in zero storage

hi,

I have deleted a collection in My Library (zotero.org) attempting to free up some storage from the Zotero server. This collection doesn't need to be rescued. Interestingly, in the settings> storage the current usage became zero after the deletion. The current usage was 300.2MB before the deletion. On the other hand, all the collections, except for the deleted one, can still be seen in My library(zotero.org). I am inclined to think that the current storage would be recalculated after I press the "sync with zotero server" icon. However, I am afraid that my library in my standalone would be deleted if zotero works in a way different from my speculation. Please let me know if it is safe to sync. My standalone version is 4.0.28.7

This is copied from settings>storage
-------------------------------------
Current Storage Plan
Quota 300 MB
Expiration Never
Current Usage
My Library 0 MB
Total 0 MB
-------------------------------------

This is the setting from my standalone (preference>sync>settings)

Zotero sync server
(unchecked) sync automatically
(checked) sync full-text content

file syncing
(checked) sync attachment files in my library using "Zotero"
(checked) sync attachment files in group libraries using Zotero storage download files "at sync time"

Many thanks
  • for one, the storage quota only affect files, not items, so it being empty just means there aren't any attachments. What I assume happened is that all uploaded PDFs were in that one collection; you deleted it, so there are now no files online. Once you sync, storage will presumably fill up again with additional attachments (btw. you can just delete items locally. That should be much faster than online and has the same effect).