Report ID 102007496

Hi there,

I'm on OS X 10.5.6, FF 3.05, Zotero 1.5-sync3.6, and MS word 2008 Plugin. Both zotero and the plug-in are actually working fine, however, out of nowhere I get:

first an error report listening my last 50 sources:
"Items in the collection 'Ext. Cognition' have been added and/or removed in multiple locations. The following items have been added to the remote collection."

But they haven't been added to the remote connection. Or they won't appear on my laptop.

Second note:
The tag 'China' has been added to and/or removed from items in multiple locations. It has been added to the following remote items:

The particular item however does not show up in my library. Only on the laptop where it was added.

The syncing failure reads something along the lines of:
0x800040005 NS_ERROR_FAILURE

I have no clue what's going on. I checked my Database and integrity is supposed to be intact.
I really like zotero, anybody got any clues..?
Thanks a lot
  • Short update: on the next morning, i.e. after a restart I had the "error processing uploaded data" but no longer the thing described above. I tried to "reset to server" and although the sync wouldn't finish, I no longer get the "error processing uploaded data" message.

If i try to sync now, I get:
    attachmentSyncState can only be set for snapshots and imported files

I have a few attachments in the form of links to local files or google book sites. So far this wasn't a problem, and zotero isn't set to sync the files, only the links.

I still have no clue whats going on? New error ID is 2092124081. The debug files are a little long for posting them here, but i can't "read" them either.

(Computer B does not report any problems syncing with the server, but the data doesn't sync either. Neither before or after the "reset to server")
  • Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I removed all notes and attachments from my library but whatever I do i cannot reset to server:

Everything works except the syncing part, which is a real pain in the ***. I'm not sure what started the problem in the beginning, but neither my of my computers are syncing by now. (same error on both)

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Error processing uploaded data (Report ID: b1e4edba)' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Error processing uploaded data (Report ID: abc98a89)' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]
  • Try again now.
  • Thank you so much, works like a charm again. Do you know what caused the problem?