Formatting lost import notes

Hello,

As I transition to complete Zotero use, I want to bring in some notes I've typed in Word as notes.

When I cut and paste though, I lose all formatting.

Any suggestions?

Best,
Sarah
  • Unfortunately, notes do not support rich text in Zotero 1.0.9 and earlier versions. Zotero 1.5, currently in prerelease, preserves formatting when copying and pasting.
  • Fabulous. When is it expected to be released?
  • You can use the prerelease version right now. See http://www.zotero.org/support/sync_preview

It should move into a broader public beta in the next few weeks.
  • I am using Zotero 2.0 and am still having this problem. What can i do to change it?
  • oxband: We can't help you unless you provide a lot more information: what exactly you're doing, what's happening, what OS you're on, what version of Word...
  • Cool: I'm on Mac OS 10.6.2
    I'm using the latest version of Zotero
    I'm using Word 2008 for Mac

What I want to do is copy text from Word files into the notes section on Zotero citations I have made and keep the formatting. When I do it, I lose indenting I've done. Some formatting is kept; bold stay bold. But I do a lot of indenting to organize my pages, and I lose all of that.

Thanks!
  • edited April 6, 2010
    So, you're not actually losing all formatting—you're just losing some indenting.

Zotero uses TinyMCE for its note editor, and TinyMCE handles the conversion of rich text from Word. If something works in the TinyMCE examples on that site, we should be able to get it to work in Zotero. Otherwise, it won't.
  • edited April 4, 2010
    I was looking on the TinyMCE website, and while it seems some people have that problem, I didn't see any solutions for it. I imagine other Zotero users have had this problem. anyone know a good solution?
This discussion has been closed.