note-taking and annotated bibliography-style reports

I've read some of the note comments and threads here, and I had a question about exporting. Some threads mentioned note-only export or reporting with brief description of source. Has that been implemented? If so, how could that be done? Think of it as generating almost an annotated bibliography...super useful, I'd say, especially using tags as filtering criteria. Generating a report from selected items *almost* does this - would it be easy to modify the layout to do so?
  • I agree that this would be incredibly useful - to be able to generate a annotated bibliography which includes selected information e.g. citation with 'note a' or 'note b' or with abstract would save me a lot of time but I am not sure how complicated this would be to do?
  • edited January 13, 2009
    Annotated bibliography creation and more robust report generation have been on the list future features for awhile. The team has been focused on other issues but these features are still part of the big picture.
  • I need the annotated bibliography option as well; I'd like to be able to pull abstracts, as well as notes pages. That would set zotero apart from other players - I don't have much expirience with other reference handlers except RefWorks; I can pull an annotated bib from RefWorks, but it does not have the capacity for me to enter my own notes into the software.