New category: standards

Dear Zoteroians,

I recently started using zotero and I am quite impressed!

I have two problems though:
- I need to cite standards (e.g. ISO 14001). A new category for stuff like that (like document / website / law) would be really helpful.

- I need to cite laws, which do not have an author. However, if I do not specify an author, I have an incorrect blank/space in the bibliography. However, I fear that is a problem of the style I chose.

thanks a lot
Philipp
  • Yes, we'll likely get a Standard item type. May still take a little time, but I think there's general consensus
    https://github.com/avram/zotero-bits/issues/52

And correct, your second issue is with the specific citation style. I believe mmooles e-mail may be in the citation style you're using, so you could try contacting him directly).
  • thanks for the answer.

Can I do anything for helping with the Standard item type?

the suggestion of writing mmoole directly is a good one. The address already popped up :-) thanks though. I hope he/she can do sth about that annoying space.
  • Thanks--no, unless you have additional insights into Standards not covered on that thread, there's nothing you can do. The main issue is waiting for the next major Zotero version which is the prerequisite for getting new item types & fields.