No menu bar after El Capitan upgrade - Zotero Standalone

2»
  • edited October 4, 2015
    OK, so it looks like this happens if you close Zotero while it's in full-screen mode. Prior to El Capitan, I don't think you could actually put Zotero into full-screen mode.

We'll work on a fix. In the meantime, deleting xulstore.json from your Zotero profile directory is the easiest workaround. See below for fix.
  • Great. Thx miracle!
  • I meant thx "Mijalce" but autocorrect disagreed. Then again "miracle " will do I guess. Cheers
  • i wasn't able to find the .json file :(

i'm on el cap using the desktop zotero app
  • never mind, i found it. should've known it wasn't searchable
  • edited October 6, 2015
    This is fixed in Zotero 4.0.28.8 for Mac, available now. If the auto-updater doesn't work for you, close Zotero and reinstall Zotero from the download page over your existing version.

(Reinstalling manually is almost never necessary or recommended, but the auto-updater in Zotero Standalone 4.0.28.6 for Mac is broken. We're working on ways to update people, but a manual installation of 4.0.28.8 is the quick fix. Your data won't be affected.)
  • Hi everyone, I had the exact same issue after installing EL Capitan, but downloading the newest version solved the problem. Thanks!
  • Thanks for this, everyone! I had the same problem as well and never bothered to look into it - it's now fixed and happy to see that Zotero can now be maximized.
  • Hi, just reporting the same problem in El Capitan. The issue with auto updating BTW is that you can't force an update from within Zotero if you cannot get to the Zotero menu. I will try via the system update method.
This discussion has been closed.